Everything to see and do in the picturesque Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens.
Botanic Gardens Open Day - 'Flora for Fauna'
Date - Saturday, June 5th
Time - 9am to 1pm
Location - Tropical Sun Lawn
It’s on again!
This year, over 100 Botanic Gardens across Australia and New Zealand will celebrate the 5th Annual Botanic Gardens Day and highlight the vital work undertaken for plant conservation.
Join us as we celebrate ‘Flora for Fauna’ and explore the close relationship of host plants and the creatures that call them home.
Plants are critical for life and Botanic Gardens are essential for us to be able to preserve, conserve and learn about plants.
Whether you’re interested in gardening, bird watching, native flora/fauna, local conservation efforts or just looking to get the family out for the day, we’ve got you covered.
- FREE Guided Walks
- FREE Kid’s Activities; Butterfly Trail, Story Time and more
- PLANT SALES; Local native host plants suitable for the home garden
- ‘Build an Insect Hotel’ Workshop: BOOKINGS REQUIRED, LIMITED PLACES
Activities from 9am to 1pm include
- Learn about Fauna Attracting Host Plants and how to increase the biodiversity of your backyard
- Australian Wildlife Rescue Service will have rescue animals to meet
- FREE Guided Walk @ 10am Host Plants in the Gardens
- Native Bee Display
- Botanical Art demonstration
- Recycled Art Garden Display made by community members
- Gardening with Local Natives talk/demonstration
- Story Time and kids activities with MRC Libraries ‘First Five Forever’ team
- ‘Build an Insect Hotel’ Workshop: BOOKINGS REQUIRED, LIMITED PLACES. For bookings please contact 4952 7300 or email@example.com
Why not make a day of it?
Bring your picnic blanket and find a spot to relax and soak up the sunshine.
Botanic Gardens café open from 8am to 4pm
For further event information or to be involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org