The Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens is a key feature of the Mackay community – historically, horticulturally and as a site for public education, exploration and relaxation.
The Botanic Gardens are an ever-changing ‘living site’. The area you book may not look exactly the same at the time of your event. You need to consider seasonal changes when booking a site, such as sun direction and shade. Please note that vehicles, horses and alcohol are not permitted within the Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens and any pets should be kept on a lead at all times.
Both private functions and public events may be permitted in the Botanic Gardens. Events open to the public require careful planning and generally involve significant preparation time. Event organisers may also be required to meet/communicate regularly with Gardens staff in the lead up to your event to complete a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and to provide regular progress reports. Please contact Gardens Administration as early as possible in your planning phase to discuss the possibility of holding your event at the Botanic Gardens.
- No alcohol is permitted in the Botanic Gardens sites. The Botanic Gardens is licensed to serve alcohol for functions only in the cafe.
- Vehicles are not permitted on any lawns, gardens or pathways.
- Toilets may be a reasonable walk from some locations in the Botanic Gardens.
- No ball sports (soccer, football etc) or bat and ball sports (cricket, hockey etc.) are permitted within the Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens due to the potential for damage to the botanic collection and disturbance to other garden users.
- Functions and events are permitted only in pre-approved designated sites.
- Your event/function booking does not include exclusivity to all areas of the Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens, only your designated area.
- No inconvenience shall be caused to other users of the Botanic Gardens by your function/ event.