Everything to see and do in the picturesque Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens.
Botanic Gardens Open Day and QLD Day
3rd Jun 2017 9:00am -
Tropical Sun Lawn from 9am
Celebrate Queensland Day in the beautiful Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens and meet the community groups who have helped us grow.
- Future developments at MRBG - Curators presentation 9.15am
- Guided walks 9.45am & 10.15am; meet at Gardens administration
- FREE Native Plants available, get in quick!
- Australian South Sea Islanders Hut - Open to the public, with cultural artifacts on display. Entry via Ram Chandra Place
Activities from 9am to 1pm include:
- No-dig gardening demonstration & plant sales with Mackay Community Garden
- Orchid Q & A with Mackay & District Orchid Society
- Free gentle exercise with Falun Dafa
- Worm farming demonstration + giveaway
- Botanic Art demonstration from 10am
- Learn about the rare & threatened plants in our Botanic Gardens with members from Society for Growing Australian Plants (SGAP).
- Meet volunteers from likeminded community groups and find out more about what they do and how you can be involved
If you’re an early bird – Lagoons Cafe have 'Happy Hour' from 7.30am to 8.30am with half price breakfast!!
For further information or to be involved please contact email@example.com
Gala in the Gardens
7th Jul 2017 5:30pm -
Meadowlands Amphitheatre from 5.30pm
The 2017 Mackay Festival of Arts will be the 30th year of the Festival, and the program will be bigger and better than ever.
Full details of the festival program will be launched in April 2017
For further information visit http://www.themecc.com.au/festivals/mackay_festival_of_arts